Skip to content

PIXL™ Warnings and Precautions

Please review and read the following information before handling neodymium magnets:

WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD. Contains small parts. 

Not for children of any age.  Product sold for ages 18+.

This product is made from neodymium. The magnetic force in these products is extremely strong and improper handling can cause serious injury if necessary safety precautions are not followed:

- Wear gloves when handling magnets to prevent injury from pinching.

- Children should NEVER be allowed to play with these magnets. Small magnets have been known to cause blood blisters and/or skin abrasions. Magnets can cause serious injury if swallowed. If swallowed magnets can attract each other through the walls of the intestines, get stuck and pinch the digestive tract causing major swelling and even life-threatening injuries requiring surgery. Always keep all neodymium magnets out of the reach of children.

- Keep magnets at least 1 foot (30 cm) from any sensitive electronic device and/or electric source or outlet.

- Do not drill or machine neodymium magnets.

- Immediately apply ice and seek medical attention to any pinched skin or area to minimize any pain or damage.

- Seek immediate medical attention for any serious injuries.

Potential Health Effects/Pacemakers/Allergies 

Individuals with pacemakers or internal medical devices should use extreme caution when handling neodymium magnets. Magnetic fields may impact the operation of these devices. It is recommended that you consult your physician and the manufacturer of your medical device to determine its susceptibility to static magnetic fields prior to handling magnets. These products should be kept at a safe distance from individuals with these devices.

This neodymium magnet product has nickel-plating. Nickel is a metal which can cause an allergic reaction in some people who are exposed to long-term contact with objects that release nickel. This is primarily seen in jewelry that contains nickel. If you believe you have, or may have, a nickel allergy, it is recommended that you consult your physician and the manufacturer of your medical device prior to handling this product. 


The magnetic fields from neodymium magnets can damage magnetic media such as credit cards, magnetic ID cards, computer disks, external hard drives or other such devices. They can also damage televisions, VCRs, computer monitors and CRT displays.  Avoid using, handling or placing neodymium magnets near electronic appliances.  Always keep a safe distance (at least 1 foot/30 cm) between magnets and objects that can be damaged by magnetic fields or magnetic forces from this product. 


When transporting or shipping this product we recommend that you take all precautions to avoid, and prevent, the magnets from getting stuck to steel objects.  We recommend that you pack the magnets in heavy cardboard boxes and kept as far away from the sides of the box as possible using non-conductive soft-packing fill material. Transportation of magnetic products by air travel with the United States is regulated by the U.S. Department of Transportation and is covered under the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 49 parts 100-185. A magnetized material is considered a hazardous material and is regulated as a hazard class 9 material when it is offered for transportation by air and when it has a magnetic field strength capable of causing the deviation of aircraft instruments. Any magnetic material with a measurable field strength greater than 0.00525 gauss at 15 feet is prohibited from air transportation. An article is not restricted as a magnetized material if the field strength observed at a distance of 7 feet is less than 0.002 gauss or there is no significant compass deflection (less than 0.5 degree). The International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations provide guidelines for the identification, classification, and testing of potentially hazardous materials offered for transports by air. IATA Packing Instruction 902 defines the acceptance criteria and provides packaging guidelines for magnetized material. These instructions should be consulted prior to transporting magnetic material by air.  Magnetized material is not regulated as a hazardous material when transported via ground/surface transportation.

Additional Use and Handling Instructions and Warnings

Excessive or improper use can cause chipping or breakage. Hitting the magnets together can cause breakage resulting in chipping, shattering or other degradation of the material. Take all precautions during use to avoid any activity that may result in any chips or fragments exerted from striking the magnets which could result in debris getting into someone's eye. When handling more than one neodymium magnet we recommend that you wear eye proper protection.

Neodymium magnets can become demagnetized at high temperatures Temperatures in excess of 80°C or 175°F may affect the grade, shape and application of a magnet.

Neodymium magnet dust and powder are flammable Avoid drilling or machining neodymium magnets as resulting dust or powder can be highly flammable.

Neodymium magnets can corrode These magnet products are not waterproof.  Rust and/or corrosion may result from exposure to moisture.